Welcome to Law Reporters roundup of the top 10 headlines for today Wednesday, October 14th, 2020.
1. Court adjourns suit challenging Funke Akindele, 236 others’ conviction
The Federal High Court in Lagos has further adjourned the hearing till November 16 in a suit challenging the conviction and sentencing of 237 persons, including a popular actress, Funke Akindele, popularly known as Jenifa, her husband, Abdu Rasheed Bello, aka JJC Skillz, over the violation of Lagos State COVID-19 guidelines.
2. BREAKING: FG accepts 5-point demand of #EndSARS protesters
The presidential panel on police reform has accepted the five-point demand of the #EndSARS protesters.
3. Buhari throws support behind Okonjo-Iweala ahead WTO poll
Ahead of World Trade Organisation (WTO) poll to elect a new leader, President Muhammadu Buhari assured that the country would explore every opportunity to ensure Nigeria’s former Minister of Finance and Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, emerges WTO Director-General.
4. 400 lawyers on-standby to offer #EndSARS protesters free legal services
Atleast 400 lawyers have concluded plans to provide free legal services to Nigerians under detention for protesting against brutality and extra-judicial killings perpetrated by the country’s police officers deployed to Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit.
5. Court restrains NLC, TUC from embarking on strike in Kwara
6. Court orders firm to pay ex-staff 3 Months salary arrears within 30 days
7. Wadume’s trial resumes, prosecution to present sixth witness Oct. 22
8. Man appears in court for allegedly beating policewoman
9. Buhari sends proceeds of crime bill to Senate
10. Edo Election: Tribunal receives 5 petitions against Obaseki’s victory