Welcome to Law Reporters roundup of the top 10 headlines for today Sunday, October 25th, 2020
1. ENDSARS: Lagos State Creates Recovery Fund For Small Businesses Destroyed By Thugs
The recovery fund is supported by the Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF). To apply for the fund, click this link
2. Job Creation, Economic Growth Critical To Checking Youth Restiveness, Ex-Leaders Tell Buhari
The generation of employment and economic growth, including through direct foreign investments are critical to checking youth restiveness in the country.
3. [BUSINESS]: COVID-19 Tech Start-up Business Ideas
Top 7 Tech Start-up Business Ideas to make the best out of COVID-19
4. Court dismisses suit against Ecobank
Delivering the Judgment, the presiding Judge, Justice Esowe held that a party who seeks judgment in his favour must produce evidence in support of his pleadings that the Court is bound to act on evidence before it and not allowed to rely on other extraneous matters.
5. INEC postpones senatorial bye-election in Lagos, five others
Some of the pending by-elections postponed were Bayelsa Central Senatorial District; Bayelsa West Senatorial District; Nganzai and Bayo Constituencies in Borno State; Cross River North Senatorial District; Obudu Constituency in Cross River.
6.Govt proscribes ASUU, NASU, others in Ebonyi varsity
The Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, who met with leadership of the unions, said the decision was taken in order to ensure that academic and non-academic unions’ activities do not negatively affect the resumption of EBSU and commencement of academic/ non-academic activities in the state-owned university.
7. Two friends in court for allegedly loitering around black spots in Kaduna
In the ruling, Magistrate Abdulaziz Ibrahim, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N100, 000 each with one surety in like sum.
8. Dangote seeks total ban on tomato importation
_He said the call was necessary to boost local production of the commodity and ensure that Nigeria was self sufficient in tomato production.
9. Ogun prosecutes four suspected killer cops
The policemen included Inspector Wasiu Lawal, Inspector Niyi Ogunsoro, Inspector Ahmed Mohammed and one Okoi Obi.
10. 29 Lagos, Ogun police officers under detention for murder charges, others
Atleast 29 officers of the Nigerian Police were currently undergoing trials over alleged murder of citizens, armed robbery, and grievously bodily harm charges in Lagos and Ogun states.