Welcome to Law Reporters roundup of the top 10 headlines for today Sunday, October 11th, 2020.
1. Gov. Seyi Makinde Reacts To Unfortunate Death Of Jimoh Isiaq
#EndSARS has been the top hashtag worldwide in the last 24 hours, as protestors continue to demand SARS is disbanded.
2. #ONDODECIDES (LIVE UPDATE)
INEC officials restate the need for voters to don their face masks, as voters who appear to the polling units without one will not be allowed to cast their vote.
3. Ondo Election Result: INEC Says 75% Of Scores Uploaded On Commission’s Portal
For the best coverage, keep tabs on Law Reporters’ Situation Room by clicking here.
4. SARS: ‘Nigeria Police Were Shooting At Me, But I Refused To Cower’ – Aisha Yesufu
According to Yesufu, security personnel in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) fired tear gas at demonstrators to disperse them, but she was glad she “gave them a piece of what I thought of their pathetic selves”.
6. Court remands man for allegedly insulting Gombe lawmaker on Facebook
A 25-year-old man, Khalid Abdallah, has been remanded in prison by the Chief Magistrate Court in Gombe State for allegedly abusing a lawmaker on Facebook.
7. Court sentences Rivers serial killer to death by hanging
After about six months of trial, a High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, on Friday, sentenced Gracious David-West, a serial killer, to death by hanging.
8. Man appears in court for allegedly stealing car seat
An applicant, Kenne Isah, appeared in a Zuba Upper Area Court, Abuja on Thursday for allegedly stealing car seats, valued at N300, 000.
9. Choir Boys Abuse: Priests to face trial in Vatican
An Italian priest accused of sexually abusing choir boys in a seminary and another priest who allegedly facilitated the abuse will go on trial in the Vatican next week
10. Trump declares himself set for rallies
Donald Trump insisted on Thursday he was ready to resume campaign rallies and felt perfect only one week after his Covid-19 diagnosis, as his doctor said the president had completed his course of therapy for the disease.