Welcome to Law Reporters roundup of the top 10 headlines for today Monday, October 19th, 2020
1. SARS: Police Demotes Dolapo Badmus, Shogunle, Dismiss Others Over Misconduct (Full List)
Dolapo Badmus, a former Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, Abayomi Shogunle, a former Head of the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), and some members of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) have been dismissed and demoted for misconducts.
2. Court remands man for allegedly defiling neighbour’s 12-year-old daughter
3. FG directs civil servants back to work from Monday
4. Nigeria’s Defense Industry: Senate President seeks Pakistan support
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan has called on the government of Pakistan to assist Nigeria in the capacity building in the area of Defense Industry.
5. NASS Begs #ENDSARS Protesters To End Protest
The Leadership of the National Assembly has urged the Nigerian youths to bring the #ENDSARS protest to an end.
6. World Bank’s Malpass Says Fuel Increase Good For Nigeria
World Bank President, David Malpass, said the decision of the Federal Government to remove subsidy would benefit Nigeria in the longrun. He commended the government, but said he doesn’t see opportunities in Nigeria, rather many problems facing the country.
7. Court dissolves 18-year-old marriage as wife starves husband of sex
Delivering judgment, the President the court, Chief Ademola Odunade held that the marriage was dissolved, in order to allow peace to reign between Olutunji and Blessing.
8. Herbalist arraigned for allegedly planting charms in civil servant’s house
A 48-year-old herbalist, Toyin Dada, was on Friday arraigned in an Okitipupa Chief Magistrates Court in Ondo State for allegedly ”planting” charms in a civil servant’s house.
9. #EndSARS: ‘Untold Truth’ About Suspects Of Disbanded SARS Who Escaped In Lagos
The Lagos Police Command has described as mischievous reports that scores of suspects fled from the detention of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) in Ikeja.
10. Sherif vs Abubakar: Court fixes judgement for October 27
Judgment in the suit instituted by Maryam Sherif, divorced wife of Atiku Abubakar, for custody of their three sons has been fixed for October 27, 2020.